1. The way she looks at me when I am being an impatient
asshole wanker, with amusement and pity. She was very good at humouring me.
2. Her constant willingness to fatten me up while she sticks to her sensible eating plan.
3. The fruity scones she brings me!
4. Making her tea with lots of milk, no sugar, Barb Style!
5. Her confessions of cookie eating at home,
witness free, when she could have taken the secret to the grave.
7. The noise she makes when she talks about cooking dinner and eating…like a hungry but cute rodent.
8. The daily updates about her family trials and tribulations.
9. The look of love on her face when she talks about her mom, it is a love we should all have for our mother’s but rarely do.
10. Gus & Belle Doggy Shenanigans…Who has the trots? A hot spot? Who peed 4x in the night? Who threw up on a walk?
11. Gossip sessions about work.
12. Rides home…and when I forget my phone at work she turns around and drives me back without even grimacing.
14. When she gets riled up and does the UK version of the bird, sticking 2 fingers up in the air…HA!
15. Hearing about the constant comparisons between myself and her husband Kim…cranky, no-nonsense cynics.
16. Her buffer of protection at work between us and the powers that be that rarely held our interests in the same light as Barb did.
17. Performance Reviews that always lacked the negative bits.
19. Her willingness to sign off on anything weneeded around the office.
20. Her daily smiling, friendly face, even though it would annoy me on my cranky days – I will still miss it because she is the only person around here that means it – genuinely.
Congrats on your retirement Barb - XO